Not all home renovations are created equal. Some home improvement projects add value to your home and some do not. Deciding which projects to undertake can be as simple as weighting the cost and benefits of that particular remodel.
Even if you’re not planning on selling your home or moving anytime soon, it is still important to consider what value remodels and improvements will bring to your home. Below I have listed the top improvements that will bring the most bang for your buck.
- 116.9% ATTIC INSULATION (fiberglass) Job Cost: $1,268 Resale Value: $1,482
- 92.9% MANUFACTURED STONE VENEER Job Cost: $7,519 Resale Value: $6,988
- 91.5% GARAGE DOOR REPLACEMENT Job Cost: $1,652 Resale Value: $1,512
- 91.1% ENTRY DOOR REPLACEMENT (steel) Job Cost: $1,335 Resale Value: $1,217
- 83.1% MINOR KITCHEN REMODEL Job Cost: $20,122 Resale Value: $16,716
- 82.2% ENTRY DOOR REPLACEMENT (fiberglass) Job Cost: $3,126 Resale Value: $2,574
- 78.6% SIDING REPLACEMENT (engineered) Job Cost: $13,832 Resale Value: $10,866
- 73.2% SIDING REPLACEMENT (vinyl) Job Cost: $12,341 Resale Value: $9,032
- 71.1% ROOFING REPLACEMENT Job Cost: $20,142 Resale Value: $14,446