Things are heating up for home buyers also. The first round of tax returns are just now making their way into the bank accounts of many Americans. Historically, future homebuyers everywhere seize the opportunity afforded by a large lump sum of cash and use it towards their home purchase.
This year will be no different. However, in the recent past, inventory (homes on the market) has continually declined. This means that the new home buyers will be faced with fewer homes and more competition when they are searching for their new home.
As a homebuyer, it is easy to get discouraged. This especially applies to first time home buyers. Luckily, an experienced Realtor is available to guide you through the process as smoothly as possible.
- Jump on it – When you find the home jump on it. Sleeping on it may take away the only opportunity you have to make it yours.
- See it right now – If it just came on the market and you love it then don’t wait to see it.
- Schedule showings during the week – Everyone looks on the weekend. Stand out and get one up on the other home buyers by previewing properties during the week.
- Work with a REALTOR® – A REALTOR® will send you properties as they come on the market. Whereas, websites have a lag as they wait to receive information fed to them by other local REALTORS® and outside sources.
- Follow Professional Advice – Your REALTOR® knows the market. If they offer advice on how to proceed then they have reason to give it.