- Set aside an hour 24 to 48 hours before the closing to walk-through the home.
- Take your contract and notification of repairs with you to ensure that seller has finished the agreed upon repairs and has left the items agreed upon in the contract.
- Starting inside, open and close the windows and doors and check that all locks and latches work.
- Test the HVAC home’s other major systems.
- Confirm that all appliances are in working order.
- Test home’s electrical system (lights, outlets, and etc…)
- Test the home’s smoke detectors.
- Check the home’s plumbing for leaks.
- Flush toilets.
- check drains for sinks, showers, and tubs.
- Check home’s exterior for damage.
- Confirm that all landscaping items are present and accounted for.