Staging a home is one of the easiest and most cost-effective ways to increase the return of your home investment. Home sellers can expect a return of $2 for every $1 spent on home staging. Additionally, staged homes sell much faster than other home sales. Meaning, a home seller who fully utilizes home staging will sell their home faster and for more money.
- Remove personal items – Buyers need to be able to imagine themselves in a home. Removing personal items can make this process much easier.
- Maximize space by decluttering – Clutter is an eyesore that buyers often cannot see past. Remove the clutter and instantly a home will appear larger, cleaner, and more appealing.
- Clean everything – Buyers are easily turned off by unsanitary or unclean homes.
- Update – Outdated fixtures, colors, and decor should be swapped out for modern and popular alternatives.
- Use neutrals – Neutral palates help sell homes. Paint the rooms in your home neutrals before you put it on the market.